Exegy is seeking an experienced, highly motivated product manager (PM) for its Product Management team, working directly with the Vice President of Product Management and Chief Technology Officer. The PM will also work closely with Exegy engineering, Managed Services, and field engineering staff. The PM may also seek input and requirements from existing and prospective customers. The PM role is currently remote and will eventually be located at Exegy corporate headquarters in Saint Louis MO.
Job responsibilities include:
- Product management: The PM will share general product management responsibilities with other members of the Product Management team. This includes participating in product opportunity assessments, strategic planning and roadmap development. Primary duties include requirements gathering for new features and defect resolution, prioritization of pending features and defect resolutions for incremental product releases, product stewardship during the development process, product release and rollout management, and Beta program management. The PM will also support Exegy managed service staff when addressing production issues and assist in pre-sales discussions to provide more detailed descriptions of product capabilities.
- Project management: The PM will work with engineering management to plan and track the progress of development efforts. This includes summary reporting to executive management on a weekly basis, as well as participating in periodic reviews of pending project priorities.
- Technical writing: In partnership with marketing and technical writers, the PM will generate content for high-quality documentation that describes Exegy products, services, processes, and features. Specific examples include, but are not limited to, sales collateral, product enhancement proposals, product release notes, product support bulletins, deployment architecture guides, product training materials, and customer use case studies.
- Deployment audits: The PM will be responsible for conducting periodic audits of deployed products in cooperation with sales and managed services staff. The PM will collect current use case information, identify incorrect or sub-optimal product usage, identify opportunities for broader product usage, and craft action plans to improve the customer experience and quality of the Exegy managed service.
Successful candidates should have a proven record of successful product management for enterprise products. Experience in managed service tools and products, including ticket management, change management, and real-time monitoring is extremely beneficial. Successful candidates must possess a strong work ethic and the abilities to: lead by influence in a team environment, quickly learn complex concepts, be proactive and productive with minimal direction, and persuasively evangelize the product to internal staff and external customers. Candidates must demonstrate excellent oral and written communications skills, with a specific ability to succinctly communicate complex concepts to a non-technical audience.
Other qualifications include:
- Experience in product management of enterprise managed service products strong desired
- Experience in financial market data and associated electronic trading systems strongly desired
- Minimum three (3) years experience in customer engagement, in either sales, product management, or product support
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Excellent administrative and project management skills
- Familiarity with ticket management, change management, and real-time monitoring solutions is strongly desired
- Familiarity with Service now is strongly desired
- Familiarity with ITRS Geneos is strongly desired
- Bachelors degree or higher is required. A degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering and/or relevant industry experience is a plus