This candidate will have a proven ability to create and build on existing relationships within financial services firms. The Account Management Director will have a track record of driving customer engagement and success leading to healthy and growing long term relationships.
The Account Management Director will be responsible for protecting the existing customer revenue stream through the proactive management of customer success strategies and initiatives thereby creating a foundation for healthy growth. The ideal candidate will demonstrate an ability to grow existing customer relationships by applying cross-selling and up-selling strategies driven by their ability to identify and position ways for delivering incremental and compelling business value.
The successful candidate will develop and execute account strategies focused on key customer goals, objectives and initiatives. In this role, cross-functional collaboration across Exegy will be critical to ensuring that the company’s resources are optimized in support of the customer success imperative. This role can be located anywhere in the US, with preferences for New York, Chicago or St. Louis.
- Managing a structured engagement process (regular call cadences, QBRs, usage reviews, executive touch points, etc.) to ensure customers are achieving their business outcomes and to be proactive in the early identification of any issues and/or opportunities that present themselves
- Protecting the existing customer revenue with proactive strategies and action plans to address any issues that put it at risk or are impediments to relationship growth
- Collaborating with all relevant cross-functional teams within Exegy including product management and development, marketing, pre-sales consulting and the executive team
- Growing and managing a pipeline of new business opportunities within the assigned customer accounts
- Demonstrating to customers how incremental investment in Exegy’s offerings will positively impact their business and deliver meaningful incremental value
- Closing deals that make sense for both the customer and Exegy
- Negotiating terms and conditions in agreements
- Growing relationships with key decision makers
- Maintaining an accurate and reliable sales forecast
- Identifying and developing new opportunities by pursuing a deeper and on-going understanding of the customers’ strategic initiatives
- Maintaining up to date product knowledge on all products and solutions
- Providing competitive, customer experience and other vital account intelligence to internal stakeholders
- Managing individual expense budget within policy guidelines
- Ability to engage customers in business discussions concerning their goals and objectives that elevate the relationship to a trusted advisor status
- Ability to apply networking skills and navigate customer politics to identify and develop new opportunities within an existing account
- Ability to apply a rigorous qualification process throughout the sales cycle
- Ability to position business value and outcomes that are compelling for executive buyers
- Ability to understand and navigate complex buying decision making processes
- Ability to apply a strong interpersonal communication skill set to secure commitments from buyers at all levels
- Ability to develop and execute highly effective win plans
- Ability to marshal internal and external resources required to advance customer success imperatives and sales campaigns in an optimum manner
- Ability to address buyer objections in a manner that builds trust and confidence
- Ability to apply a value-driven negotiating skill set
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience in account management and/or customer success, preferably including experience managing customers with $500K+ in Annual Recurring Revenue (ARR) in the financial services industry
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong understanding of capital markets trading and market data business models and workflows
- Strong understanding of electronic trading uses and existing offerings
- Proficient in the use of sales and customer success technologies including Salesforce and LinkedIn
People are at the heart of what we do and drive the success of our business. Our culture of connecting, creating opportunity and delivering excellence shape how we think, how we do things and how we help our people fulfil their potential.
At Exegy we embrace diversity and actively seek to attract individuals with unique backgrounds and perspectives. We break down barriers and encourage collaboration, enabling innovation and rapid development of solutions that make a difference. Our workplace generates an enriching and rewarding experience for our people and customers alike. Our vision is to build an inclusive culture in which everyone feels driven to reach their potential.
We know that real personal growth cannot be achieved by simply climbing a career ladder – which is why we encourage and enable a wealth of avenues and interesting opportunities for everyone to broaden and deepen their skills and expertise.
Exegy is committed to supporting emotional, physical, financial and societal wellbeing. We also make reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If an accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please make your recruiter aware, we want to ensure you perform at your best.