As a Software Engineer at Exegy, you are part of the dedicated team developing industry leading, innovative, high-performance and world-class products.
You will be part of a software development team that is responsible for the development of company flagship software products, including new product developments, feature enhancements, and maintenance updates as required.
You will work closely with senior and lead engineers, business analysts or experts to develop solutions, and with QA engineers to ensure the high standard of product quality our customers expect is maintained by the team.
You will have experience in the domain or have a strong willingness to learn about sophisticated trading systems products and the domain. For this role you need to be goal-oriented, detail-focused, thorough, work well within teams and take pride in your work.
- Execute the software engineering process, adhering to high standards of quality
- Follow direction of team lead and work collaboratively in your team
- Participation in and feedback on software project estimation and project planning
- Participate in code and design reviews, execute appropriate unit testing and error reporting
- Become an expert in the domain, and Vela’s products to which you are assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
- Experience in Java or C++ software development
- Passion for programming and software development
- Understanding of the principles of software engineering processes and techniques
- Experience in object-oriented design and implementation
- Proficiency with Linux command line environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Degree in Computer Science, Software, Computer or Electrical Engineering or other related discipline; or a proven track record of software development experience in a similar environment
- Capital Markets and/or Financial Services knowledge (Trading, Market Data, protocols)
- Practical knowledge and experience in Agile Development Processes
- Experience in the design / architecture of complex systems
- Experience with Swing/Java FX and front-end development
- Experience with financial derivative modeling, pricing and risk management
- Development experience in Linux/UNIX environment
- Expertise with Java concurrency models, low-level network programming, garbage collectors
- Expertise with performance tuning, high-throughput and low-latency software design, complex algorithms within complex Java systems
- Ability to quickly analyze, learn and work with new complex systems