Exegy is seeking a highly motivated senior level software engineer to work closely with other dedicated engineers in our Market Data Engineering group. The engineer will be responsible for the design, implementation, documentation, and debugging of time critical, multi-threaded, distributed applications that interact with Exegy’s custom hardware acceleration devices. Successful candidates should have a strong work ethic, work well with others in a team environment, and the ability to quickly learn complex concepts relating to market data processing systems. This role is located in Belfast.
- Design and build ultra-low latency Exchange feed handlers;
- Design and build reusable and extensible software to process financial market data in an ultra-low latency system;
- Refactor and test existing software implementations;
- Support Technical Account Managers and Operations;
- Work with Market Data Engineers and other development groups at Exegy on strategic initiatives;
- Identify ways to automate testing, packaging, and deployment.
We also require:
- 3+ years of experience in developing multi threaded C++ software applications.
- 1+ year of designing clean and extensible object oriented designs and applying design patterns, using Linux operating systems and Linux development and debugging tools, profiling, memory leak detection and other code analysis, and developing real-time or ultra-low latency C++ software applications.
- The position requires a Bachelor's degree Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a closely related field, or the foreign equivalent degree.