Exegy, Inc. has a full-time Computer Operator opening in Hong Kong. 1+ years Linux Server experience required. The operator will be responsible for change management, monitoring, and providing 1st level support for all customer production servers and networks, IT systems, nightly processes, and server environments.
1+ years Linux Server experience required; Strong people/communication skills; Basic documentation skills; Attention to detail and troubleshooting skills are required; Understanding of networking technologies; Understanding scripting languages a plus; Experience with firewalls and VPNs a plus; Knowledge of basic database concepts a plus; Ability to work with little or no supervision.
Prefer candidates local to Hong Kong.
· The initiation and tracking of support cases
· Monitoring of application logs on production servers
· Monitoring of network links to production facilities
· Escalation of issues to appropriate team members
· Performing software releases
· Keeping current the configuration management database
· Monitoring of nightly backup jobs
· Completion of all logs and shift turnover reports
· Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time
· This position requires the person to occasionally move about the office to access equipment, etc
· May require mobility to include reaching overhead, crawling, climbing, and balancing; occasional bending over, crouching, kneeling, pushing/pulling; frequent sitting, standing walking, lifting and may include under desks and in server room
· Other duties as assigned
Your application was submitted successfully.