Exegy, Inc. has a full-time Computer Operator 2nd Shift opening in St. Louis MO. 1+ years Linux Server experience required. The operator will be responsible for change management, monitoring, and providing 1st level support for all customer production servers and networks, IT systems, nightly processes, and server environments.
Able to work 2nd Shift; 1+ years Linux Server experience required; Strong people/communication skills; Basic documentation skills; Attention to detail and troubleshooting skills are required; Understanding of networking technologies; Understanding scripting languages a plus; Experience with firewalls and VPNs a plus; Knowledge of basic database concepts a plus; Ability to work with little or no supervision.
Prefer candidates local to St. Louis MO. No relocation offered for this role.
- The initiation and tracking of support cases
- Monitoring of application logs on production servers
- Monitoring of network links to production facilities
- Escalation of issues to appropriate team members
- Performing software releases
- Keeping current the configuration management database
- Monitoring of nightly backup jobs
- Completion of all logs and shift turnover reports
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time
- This position requires the person to occasionally move about the office to access equipment, etc
- May require mobility to include reaching overhead, crawling, climbing, and balancing; occasional bending over, crouching, kneeling, pushing/pulling; frequent sitting, standing walking, lifting and may include under desks and in server room
- Catered lunches on Fridays and social events
- A fridge of La Croix and other beverages (coffee, tea, energy drinks)
- Ping pong, foosball, and shuffle board tables
- Competitive health, vision, and dental benefits as well as generous PTO